- PGI Cyclades
- Variety: Aidani 100%
- Source of grapes: Grapes are sourced from three selected vineyards averaging 15-20 years of age in Kamari and Exo Gonia. One portion of the grapes is harvested earlier in order to maintain good level of acidity and the rest later and more ripe in order to intensify the rich aromatic profile which characterize this rare variety.
- Winemaking: Pre-fermentation cold soak which duration depends from the quality of each vintage, followed by classic white vinification at controlled temperatures with the use of selected and wild yeasts. Their blend matures on the lees with under frequent bâttonage for at least 4 months before the first bottling.
- Description: Floral aromas like lemon blossom and jasmine and matured fruits which reminds us nectarine, lychee and kumquat come first on the nose. Hints of minerality and green citrus fruits like grapefruit and citron in the background. Supple, elegant with persistent aromas (green pepper, exotic fruits and lime) on the palate and balanced acidity. Long aftertaste with finesse, good complexity and loads of freshness.
- Ageing potential: Up to 2-3 years
2014: Silver Medal _Decanter WWA 2015
- Serving and food pairing: Served at 8-10°C. An ideal wine in order to start your meal. A delicious match with fried vegetables, sushi, risotto with asparagus, orzo pasta with seafood or fried fish or shrimps.