- PGI Cyclades
- Variety: Mavrotragano 100%
- Source of grapes: Two selected vineyards of this rare variety of average 20 years old of age, situated in Exo Gonia and Kamari. Their cultivation differentiates from the traditional way of ‘basket’ trained vines. They are trained in vertical wire trellis and pruned as double Guyot.
- Winemaking: Classic red vinification with 24 hours pre-fermentation cold soak. Fermentation under stable temperature, extraction by pump-overs and punchdowns. The free run is separated from the mark depending by the phenolic content. Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation finish into the steel tank and then the wine is transferred into the barrels. Matures in oak barrels of 1st, 2d and 3d use for 24 months.
- Description: Ripe nose offering black fruit, liquorice, chocolate and white pepper along with earthy notes and aromatic herbs. Opulent and strong on palate with solid but ripe tannins and finesse. A dense wine with excellent ageing potential.
- Ageing potential: Up to 6-8 years from the vintage
- Serving and food pairing: Decanting is suggested in order to breath and open up. Served at 16-18°C. Delicious match with prime steaks medium cooked but also perfect with dishes based on meat with sauces, mature yellow cheeses or charcuterie.