- “Kolomodis Single Vineyard” (Protected Appellation of Origin “Peza”,80% Kotsifal,20 % Mandilari)
- Vineyard…. ”Kolomodi” single vineyard, at an altitude of 265 meters
- Soil….. Limestone-clay
- Hectare Production….70 hectares of grapes per hectare
- Vinification…. Co-vinification of both grape varieties in stainless steel tanks. Maceration lasts 15 days and alcoholic fermentation is done at 20 centigrade Celsius. Fermentation is followed by maturation in French oak 300 liters barrels from Nevers.
- Total acidity….5.2
- Wine Tasting….. Deep ruby color. Aromas of dried red fruit, blond tobacco leaves, dried herbs, pepper and sour cherry. It is juicy in the mouth, armed with sharp tannins and good acidity. Beautifully shaped and expressed fruit both on the nose and in the mouth.
- Matches with….. Spaghetti Bolognese, tagliatelle or pappardelle with guinea fowl ragout, rabbit or beef stifado, moussaka, game, stuffed aubergines