- PDO Santorini
- Variety: Assyrtiko 100%
- Source of grapes: Pyritis is made from extraordinary three parcels of 100% Assyrtiko that can be more of 120 years of age, two in Pyrgos and one in Megalochori. These are two villages that are highly regarded for producing top quality grapes.
- Winemaking: Classic white vinification under controlled temperature using only neutral yeasts in order to maintain the varietal character. We take care to vinify these parcels as naturally as possible letting them speak for themselves. When the fermentation ends the blend matures on total lees for 10 months with regular lees stirring.
- Description: Pure nose, full of minerality and flint which is a typical hint of Santorini’s Assyrtiko. Notes of matured stone-fruits and tart of citrus fruits. The palate shows considerable depth and genuine concentration, rich and dense with finesse and well balanced acidity. Long aftertaste with saltiness and minerality.
- Ageing potential: For at least a decade.
2015: Silver Medal 94/100 _ Decanter WWA 2017, Jancis Robinson (JH MW) : 17, Yiannis Karakasis MW: 92, John Szabo MS: 91, Andreas Larsson: 91
- Serving and food pairing: Decanting is suggested in order to breath and open up its complicated character. Better served at 11-13⁰C, matches perfectly with oily fish or salmon carpaccio. Alternatively try it with lamb fricassee or white meat like stuffed turkey, making also a great pair with pasta or shellfish risotto.