- PDO Santorini
- Variety: Assyrtiko 90% with 10% Athiri and Aidani
- Source of grapes: Grapes are sourced from old vines that may reach 100 years of age from plots situated in Megalochori and Pyrgos at an altitude up to 400 m. Harvest under high ripeness, inspired by the tradition, enhancing the structure and the aroma compounds.
- Winemaking: Only the free-run juice is received from the press and after the settling, the juice is lead into the barrels to start the fermentation. Barrels of large volume, light or medium toast with a small percentage of new barrel compose the profile of the oak that we use. Regularly lees stirring are realized during the fermentation and the maturation. Total maturation for 16 months. The bottles are released on the market after 1,5 years from the harvest in order to bring out the complexity and the special character that Assyrtiko provides during its evolution.
- Description: Intense aromas combining dry nuts with matured yellow fruits, honey, quince and a sophisticated minerality. Rich and oily on the palate with intense character, Nykteri is a pure ‘dynamite’ with concentrated body and a perfect balance among the electric acidity, the high ripeness and the long salty aftertaste.
- Ageing potential: Up to 8-10 years
2015: Silver Medal _ 17th Thessaloniki IWC
2014: Jancis Robinson (JH MW) : 17+
- Serving and food pairing: Decanting is suggested in order to let the wine breath and open up. Served at 12-14°C. Exclusive for dishes with intense flavors but again the wine will be the leader. Nykteri is a wine that comfortably replaces any red, therefore we suggest trying it as well with roasted pork with orange instead of the more usual combination with seafood.