TERRA NERA WHITE
- PGI Cyclades
- Variety: Assyrtiko 100 %
- Source of grapes: Grapes are sourced from relatively young in regard to Santorini’s centenarian vines, with average 50 years of age.The vineyards are situated in lower altitude villages of the island like Kamari, Messaria, Vothonas and Akrotiri.
- Winemaking: Classic white vinification under controlled low temperatures in order to highlight the fruity expression of this multifaceted variety. Maturation on the fine lees under frequent stirring for at least 4 months.
- Description: Fruity aromas of melon, pear and citrus fruits combined with the typical mineral signature of the island and its hint of herbal notes. Supple, fresh on the palate with intensity, primary fruit character, nice vivid balance and long complex aftertaste.
- Ageing potential: 2-3 years
2016: Silver Medal _17th Thessaloniki IWC
2014: Silver Medal _IWSC 2015
2013: Gold Medal _ 14th Thessaloniki IWC
- Serving and food pairing: Served at 8-10°C. A perfect combination with Aegean seafood delicacies, fried or raw fish and shellfish.